The human body is exposed to many environmental toxins, including pesticides, plastics, heavy metals, and industrial chemicals daily. We also have further exposure through various soaps, lotions, and cleaning products used in our homes. As much as the body has a built-in detoxification system, a consistent overload of toxins overwhelms us, leading to disruptions in cellular function. Individuals who have high exposure to toxins may experience:
- Weight gain or inability to lose weight
- Low energy
- Brain fog
- Immune dysfunction
- Chemical and fragrance intolerance
- Mood disorders
With these health issues at stake, detoxification is not only crucial, but absolutely necessary to avoid chronic illnesses and infections. It is essential to achieving optimal health.
Currently, there are several products and cleanses on the market that focus on extracting toxins from cells. Before investing in a product or program however, the three phases of cellular detoxification need to be understood.
- Phase 1 – This is where the liver converts toxins to their intermediate products. These products are harmful so it is critical to give the liver proper nutrient support (B vitamins, Vitamin C, Magnesium, and more) to enhance excretion. If this phase is not done properly, one may begin to feel shaky, have headaches, or even experience palpitations.
- Phase 2 – This is defined as the stage where the intermediate toxins are converted to water-soluble forms for elimination. If there are any fat-soluble components during this time, the liver attaches them to bile and eliminate through stool.
- Phase 3 – Elimination time. Unfortunately, many of the cleanses and detox protocols on the market miss the mark at this stage. This is why a good backup plan is needed.
At Zazen, one of our favorite elimination techniques is through the use of a Far Infrared Sauna. Also referred to as ‘hot-air baths,’ Far Infrared technology allows for the body to slowly heat to a point where it naturally begins to sweat and eliminate water-soluble toxins over a period of 10-20 minutes. You can assist your body in:
- Improve circulation and heart function
- Reduce stress
- Boost the immune system
- Reduce inflammation and muscle pain
- Weight loss
Many studies, including a 2012 report by the Wellman Center for Photomedicine in Boston, have stressed the benefits of Far Infrared Saunas. They are considered safe and effective for a wide range of health ailments and detoxification.
It is always a good idea to talk with a physician if you have a history of heart problems or are taking any prescription medications.
If you’re ready to detox and reap all the benefits of Far Infrared, be sure to call Zazen Wellness today to schedule your sauna session! You may also take advantage of special pricing when you purchase sessions in a package. Click here or call to learn more and schedule at 281-746-9284.